Sunday Assembly Community Organiser – Manchester.
Sunday Assembly is hiring a Community Organiser to help support the growth of Sunday Assembly Manchester. We need YOU to help create a community where the people of Manchester can celebrate life and help each other live life as fully as possible.
What is Sunday Assembly?
Sunday Assembly is a global movement that creates secular and inclusive congregational communities. We are building spaces where people with faith or without faith can come together by celebrating all the things we have in common – we welcome all who welcome all!
What does a Sunday Assembly Community Organiser do?
As the Community Organiser, you will be the sole employee (for now!) in Manchester. You will be smart, fun and get things done. Join us in repurposing the community building tools from religious and non-religious groups to create a secular community that celebrates life. Become part of our mission to help everyone live life as fully as possible through our values: Live Better, Help Often and Wonder More.
- Be the beating heart of the Sunday Assembly chapter, engaging, motivating and growing the existing (excellent) volunteer team.
- Research and identify key volunteers and stakeholders in the local community, hosting 1:1 meetings to build relationships and connections with the Sunday Assembly chapter.
- Develop the volunteer team to reflect the diverse population of Manchester and always work to ensure all Sunday Assembly Manchester activities are fun, exciting, open and welcoming to all.
- Maintain and expand the monthly Sunday Assembly gathering by working with the volunteer team to book musicians, speakers, poets and promote the events.
- Maintain and expand the monthly social events and small groups, working with the volunteer team to create new events and build community.
- Be responsible for making the chapter financially sustainable. Launch a regular giving programme within Sunday Assembly and seek new sources of funding (eg. crowdfunding and grant funding).
- Deliver training and development to volunteers.
- Working with Sunday Assembly HQ and the funding partners to ensure all targets are met, all work is reported on and develop a monitoring and evaluation programme to measure social impact.
- Build Sunday Assembly Manchester’s online presence; maintain, update and grow all social media channels and work with HQ to maintain the website.
- Build Sunday Assembly Manchester’s offline presence; find events and conferences to network, outreach to local community groups, increase engagement with local decision-makers (councillors, NHS CCGs, business people, local authorities etc)
Skills and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with a flair for networking and building relationships
- Interest in community work and personal development
- Excellent organisational ability with sound project management skills
- Highly literate with fantastic written communication skills
- Creative approach to fundraising and volunteer management
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook
- Live event management and/or performance background a bonus
- Must be able to connect easily with people of all backgrounds and be a great person.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to enthuse others and deliver goals.
- Fast learner; able to reflect on performance and take responsibility for professional development.
- Self motivated; able to work at a distance with the team.
- You’ll probably enjoy thinking about the bigger questions in life.
- You might like a power ballad or two
You might have had experience in:
Community Management, Sales, Service Design, Community Organising, Social Enterprise, Other forms of ministry, Fundraising, Coaching, Volunteer Management.
Salary: £20,000 pa (pro rata). 3 days per week. Possibility of extending days with extra fundraising.
Please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3rd for interviews w/c August 7th.