Sunday Assembly is recruiting a new Director to take our award-winning, life-changing, fun-having congregational community into the future.
Since 2013 Sunday Assembly has been adapting the congregation in a way that is secular and inclusive to all. We host inspiring gatherings that combine pop songs, TED-style talks and quiet contemplation, in order to lead to communities that tackle social isolation, improve wellbeing and strengthen mental health.
Now we are looking for an extremely motivated, passionate and empathetic leader who is dedicated to building community. You will be responsible for growing Sunday Assembly London into a new model of congregational community, deepening the methodology and growing the reach and depth of our impact.
Do you want to redesign the congregation for the 21st century? Do you want to create a world overflowing with meaning and belonging? Do you want more power ballads in your life? Then this role’s for you.
You will need to:
- Set a bold strategic vision for Sunday Assembly, as we continue to adapt the congregational community in a way that is secular and inclusive to all.
- Be the beating heart of Sunday Assembly London, bringing out the best in our volunteers and helping our community to flourish.
- Be passionate about the role of congregational community and secular spirituality for tackling society’s deepest issues.
- Be logistically, financially and administratively capable.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the administration and governance of the charity, reporting to the Trustees.
- To increase the quality of connection and the breadth of our community.
- Test and expand revenue models to ensure Sunday Assembly London is financially sustainable.
- To manage the Sunday Assembly London, Sunday Assembly East End and Sunday Assembly Manchester Community Organisers.
- To coordinate Sunday Assembly communications through newsletters, social media and in the press.
- To set the framework within which our ideas and inspiration are shared, worldwide.
- To help co-create inspiring Sunday Assembly London gatherings with our team of volunteer leaders.
- To help co-create new initiatives and services with the Sunday Assembly London community.
- To provide oversight and project planning of all key organisational milestones.
- To provide soft leadership to the whole SA movement, centred on the success of SA London.
- To implement and manage safeguarding processes in the community.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent, inclusive leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a flair for networking, co-creation and building relationships.
- The ability to create a strong strategic vision for Sunday Assembly, through listening to the community.
- Excellent organisational ability with sound project, people and strategic management skills.
- Working knowledge and experience of expanding an organisation.
- Knowledge of organisational development tools and techniques a bonus.
- Emotional intelligence and a desire to support and give help to those who need it.
- Ability to identify and secure grant funding and develop and build donor income.
- Ability to deliver, report on and evaluate projects, particularly where these are grant funded.
- Highly literate with excellent written communication skills.
- A broad knowledge of the social, philosophical, cultural, scientific and spiritual questions that animate congregational community.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook.
- Live event management and/or performance background a bonus.
- Must be able to connect easily with people of all backgrounds and be highly personable.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to enthuse others and deliver goals.
- Fast learner; able to reflect on performance and take responsibility for professional development.
- Ability to work on your own.
- A love of social, philosophical, cultural, scientific and spiritual questions that animate congregational community.
- A willingness to work some evenings and weekends to meet with community members.
- Unreasonable energy and enthusiasm, undimmable optimism, and an unshakeable belief that by working together we can make the world a better place.
We realise that this is an ambitious set of criteria and we are aware that any candidate will have to learn on the job, so if you this job excites you, if think you could do it, then we urge you to apply.
We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities and people with disabilities.
Salary: £35 000 – £40 000
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sanderson Jones by email via the button below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close: July 12th
Interviews: There will be two rounds of interviews from 16th-20th July.