About the role
You will be working with the Events Manager to devise a communications strategy and make inspiring, thought provoking and fun content to promote Sunday Assembly London’s events and values in order to sustain and grow our community. It involves coordination, imagination and creativity and sharing the joy of Sunday Assembly London with the world.
What you will be doing
- Creating a communications schedule and working closely with the Events Manager and the comms volunteers to implement it.
- Identifying opportunities beyond our own channels (website, newsletter, social media) to advertise Sunday Assembly London events.
- Working collaboratively with other team members to create interesting, exciting and inspiring content.
- Periodically reviewing our brand guidelines and encouraging everyone to follow them.
- Recruiting and supporting comms volunteers.
How much time will it normally take?
We expect that, on average, this role will take around 2 hours per week.
You will also be expected to attend co-ordination crew meetings, which are currently held fortnightly on Zoom. These usually last about an hour.
It would be great if you could attend Sunday Assembly London on a regular basis.
What support will be available?
You will meet fortnightly with other members of the co-ordination crew, where you will be able to share any concerns and be supported to carry out your role. You will also have access to a WhatsApp group.
In addition, you will work closely with the Events Manager and be able to bounce ideas off each other.
You will receive a volunteer handbook designed to help everyone access information easily and dip into to check things out.
What should I be able to do?
- Have a strategic approach to comms.
- Enjoy creating written and visual content such as social media posts, web content, videos and images.
- Be confident in using a range of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
- Have experience of using Canva, Airtable and G-Suite (or be willing to learn).
- Enjoy working as part of a team with a variety of skills and abilities.
- Recruit and support other volunteers to actively participate in comms activities.
What will I learn?
You will be able to gain:
- Experience of devising a comms strategy
- Experience of managing and supporting peer volunteers.
- An understanding of how small volunteer-led charities run.
What do I do if I want to apply for this role?
The first step is to have a chat with our co-ordination crew lead, Gwawr. Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or find me at an assembly, and we’ll arrange a chat.