Sunday Assembly London’s Board plays an instrumental role in ensuring the Charity is sustainable, taking the lead in decision making and strategic direction of the organisation, as laid out in our governing document.
What will you be doing?
Sunday Assembly is seeking up to four volunteer Trustee Board members with drive and enthusiasm to assist in the delivery of its charitable aims. You will attend and contribute to our monthly Board meetings, on the second Monday of each month.
You will be able to apply your individual strengths on the Board as well as learn new skills; defining a specialist role, projects and activities where you will take the lead and focus your time.
Our Board members are responsible for providing oversight to the operations of the charity in accordance with their obligations as Trustees. They are required to review Board papers and play a key role in decision making in relation to:
- The effective running of the charity, ensuring it fulfills its purpose
- Establishing oversight and control over financial matters
- Monitoring the delivery of community events and activities
- Ensuring the effective management of our volunteering community
- Strategic decision-making affecting the future development of the charity
To achieve this, we request a minimum commitment of 6-8 hours a month. This includes attending meetings and assisting with the effective administration of charity business and, where possible, attending our events.
What are we looking for?
We’re particularly interested to hear from people from minority and under-represented groups and open to making reasonable adjustments. We are also committed to our meetings being accessible remotely.
- Enthusiasm to play an active role on the Board and in fulfilling Sunday Assembly’s purpose
- Ability to take the lead and be a key point of contact in your specialist field
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to engage with issues affecting the community.
Desirable / Nice to have
- Professional experience such as:
- Marketing, PR and Outreach
- Project Management
- Stakeholder and Community Engagement
- Training and Development
- Technology and Data
- Volunteer Management
- Experience of being a charitable trustee/in a position of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Charity law / Trustee obligations.
- Safeguarding experience.
- Community Member and/or Volunteer of Sunday Assembly.
What difference will you make?
COVID-19 has particularly hit volunteer and community led model like ours hard. We are therefore looking to recruit additional skills to our Board of Trustees to assist us in navigating these challenging times. Your expertise could make a vital difference to Sunday Assembly now and for time to come.
What’s in it for you?
Being a charitable Trustee is a position of responsibility within an organisation and a great way to build managerial level experience as well as giving something back. Our new Trustees will be working with the Coordination Crew and stakeholders as appropriate. We ask that you come to your role with an open mind and shape the role to optimise the expertise you bring to the Board. You can read more generally about becoming a Trustee in the Charity Commission’s Trustee Guide.
STEP 1: If you would like an initial discussion with a current Board member before you apply then we can arrange this. Then, if you’d like to go ahead then please send your CV (max 2 pages) and covering email to email@example.com by 22nd March.
STEP 2: We will then hold interviews between 29th March – 9th April where you will meet two of our current Board Members.
STEP 3: you’ll be able to attend our May Board Meeting (10th May) and meet fellow trustees, have a taste of the Board Meeting and ask questions.
To apply for a Trustee role, or if you have any questions about it, please contact Annie Perez by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. Our AGM is on 7th June where we formally appoint new Trustees.